Data Consent & Disclosure
By completing any of the forms of our website with personal information e.g. name, address email etc, you are consenting to us holding this information about you in our databases solely for our use. We do not sell this information, nor do we disclose the information to third parties, except where required by law or to perform services for you. You may receive email communication from us or from our website following your request for email updates and completion of your personal data.
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- IP address (automatically collected).
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected).
- Operating system (automatically collected).
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you.
- Data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- When you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services.
- When you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them).
- When you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel.
- When you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise.
- When you elect to receive marketing communications from us.
- When you use our services.
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- We will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- We may use your Data to show you Faiqaz.com’s adverts and other content on other websites.
Who we share Data with
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – to help our production centres process your order and pass along the data to the shipping couriers;
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website or otherwise – to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- We store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
* It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
The UK law on cookies demands that you, as a website user are given the opportunity to understand how cookies are used on our website and consent to cookies being stored on your computer (laptop/mobile/tablet).
What are cookies?
Cookies being used on our website:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential for running our website’s framework. Without the use of these cookies, most parts of our website would not function.
- Analytical & Performance Cookies: We use these types of cookies to monitor our websites performance and how users may use it. These cookies provide us with information that helps us provide better products to users and also to identify any areas that may need maintenance. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from and the pages they have visited.
- Third-party cookies: We sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. Similarly, when you use one of the share buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and this tool will not block cookies from those websites. You should check the relevant third-party website for more information about these cookies.
- PHPSESSID – this cookie could be with another name depending on the web server settings. It holds the ID of the customer session.
Cookies not used on our website:
- Tracking – used by the OpenCart affiliate system
- Currency – used to define the currency in which product prices will be shown
- Language – used to define the language OpenCart will load
- Amazon_Login_state_cache – used by the Amazon extensions integrated in OpenCart
You are not obliged to accept cookies and may modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. The browser you use to surf the web not only allows you to see the cookies that you have got but also allows you to control their use. You can also set your browser to not accept cookies altogether. If this option is selected, you should be aware that many websites will not function properly or at all. It may be possible to set your browser to not accept cookies and ask for your consent before each cookie is set on your device. This gives you control over what is set on your device, however has the drawback of slowing down your browsing experience.
A new law on cookies demands that you, as a website user are given the opportunity to understand how cookies are used on our websites and consent to cookies being stored on your computer. Accept it to browse or decline to exit.